Here you will find frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers for basic troubleshooting.
What is wi-tribe?
What is wi-tribe offering?
In which cities are wi-tribe’s services available in Pakistan?
If I am having trouble with my connection, who should I contact?
What gives wi-tribe an edge over its competitors?
What do Mbps and Kbps mean?
If I only use the Internet for browsing, what speed do I need?
With wi-tribe, can I play online games?
What type of devices is wi-tribe offering?
How can I secure my Wi-Fi network?
Can I take my CPE to other cities?
Can I use my current WiMAX CPE for wi-tribe connection?
Do I need to install any drivers for wi-tribe’s Desktop/Wi-Fi Modem/Pocket Modem?
What is the minimum requirement for a PC/laptop to use wi-tribe service?
If I need to upgrade/downgrade my package, what do I need to do?
How can I change my device?
How can I freeze my wi-tribe account?
How will I know that my maximum volume limit has been reached?
How can I pay my wi-tribe bill?
- Cash: Payable at all Customer Care Centers
- Cheque: Payable to “wi-tribe Pakistan Limited”
- Credit/Debit Card
- wi-tribe Scratch cards: Through my.wi-tribe or SMS 9143 facility
- Easypaisa: At any easypaisa outlet in our cities of operation
- Drop box facility: Available at all Care Centers
- Home collection: You can call our helpline at 111-187-423 to request a home collection.
- Payment through Banks: You can pay your wi-tribe bill at various branches of Standard Chartered, KASB Bank, Bank Islami and Samba Bank. Click here for a list of all supported banks.
- Nadra e-Sahulat: At any Nadra e-Sahuat outlet in our cities of operation.
- UBL Omni: At any UBL Omni Dukaan outlet in our cities of operation
- Timepey: You can pay your bill by visiting your nearest Timepey shop.
What will happen if my wi-tribe device gets lost/damaged/stolen?
->You will be asked to bring Roznamcha/FIR so that we can process insurance claims
->Following charges will be payable by you:
- CPE (Ethernet) Rs. 1,500/-
- CPE (Wi-Fi) Rs. 2,000/-
- USB Dongle/Pocket Modem Rs. 3,000/-
->If you are not able to provide the necessary documentation or return the damage CPE, you will be asked to pay the following charges
- CPE (Ethernet) Rs. 7,500/-
- CPE (Wifi) Rs. 8,000/-
- USB/Pocket Modem Rs. 8,500/-
Which add-ons does wi-tribe offer at the moment?
- Upsize GB: Get an additional volume of 2GBs for Rs.75 (valid for 15 days) and 5GBs for just Rs.150 (valid for 30 days) and upsize your wi-tribe internet experience.
- Happy Days: Happy Days is a duration based add-on that lets you surf, stream and socialize endlessly based on your selected add-ons validity: 1-day validity @ Rs.100 & 3-day validity @ Rs.200
- Power Hours: For Rs.300, you can avail an additional 50GB from 1am to 1pm throughout the month
- Speed Boost: For Rs.200, this add-on boosts up your wi-tribe internet speed by a full 50%. Please note, this add-on can be only be purchased while your subscribed package is still active. Speed Boost will not be available in case you consume 100% of your subscribed volume limit.
How can I purchase an add-on?
- logging into my wi-tribe (credit purchase*)
- calling our Contact Centre at 111-187-423 (credit purchase*)
- visiting a wi-tribe Customer Care Centre (advance cash payment)
- talking to our agent with the ‘Live Chat’ feature
- sending an SMS to 9143 in the following formats: 2GB(space)(Customer ID) or 5GB(space)(Customer ID)
*A credit purchase can only be made once a month, and has a maximum credit limit of Rs.300 only